Warranties and Maintenance
Solar System Components Warranties
Solar Panel System Maintenance
Solar Panel Maintenance Tips
● Use a water hose to wash off any visible dirt and debris that slowly accumulates on your solar panel’s surfaces. It is also wise to invest in a solar panel cleaning kit that comes with a wiper, a brush, and biodegradable soap. Solar panel cleaning is similar to cleaning your windshield, except for the wax.
● Use a soft, moist cloth to wipe off any minor stains or dirt. You may also use leaf blowers as an alternative.
● Prioritize safety at all times, especially since the glass panels can be slippery when wet. If you get on your roof to clean your solar panels, use a harness or a safety rope for support.
● Don’t use any rock salt or car wax on your panels.
● To avoid incurring a higher solar panel maintenance cost, refrain from using strong or abrasive soap solutions or harsh chemicals, as this may cause light scratches on the glass panels.
● Never use boiling water to clean cold glass panel surfaces.
Other Essential Solar Panel Maintenance Tips
● All solar systems from Affordable Solar come with remote monitoring. We recommend checking the monitoring system regularly to make sure your system is functioning properly. The monitoring system will show you how each component and each solar panel is performing.
● Some solar owners like to document their solar panel daily energy performance.
● Keep your solar panel shade-free so you can maximize its sunlight-absorbing feature. For some clients, this will involve trimming and pruning trees yearly.
● Don’t try to fix or replace solar panels or other components on your own. Remember, your solar system from Affordable Solar is under warranty for 25 years, and any repairs completed by you or another contractor might not be covered by the warranty. If any minor or major repairs are needed, always call us first.